Monday, February 8, 2016




New Beginning, Old Goals



Here we are at the beginning of a year.  A new beginning!...A time for change.  We all try, every year, to turn over a new leaf, better ourselves, take on new challenges.  This year my leaf includes the honor of being selected to join the Scott's Bikes/Trek Team. This is HUGE for me.  I now represent Trek, one of the biggest bike brands in the world, Bontrager, and one of the best bike shops in the Chattanooga/Cleveland Area.  I started this time of change on my new Top Fuel 9.8, “Lighting ”.  It has no limits.  She proved to be a powerful partner through the January Snake Race.  There was nothing the Pinhoti Trails threw at us that the Trek Top Fuel 9.8 could not handle. 



This new beginning for me represents an exciting time.  It will present new challenges to my standing goals of staying focused on my family, yet making sure that I have time for ME.  I still plan on continuing to expand on the goals of having fun, putting my family first and not over committing myself...... (I am sorry, I just chocked when I wrote that).  Let's be honest with each other, even though we all start a new year with great intent, we are not always successful.  It is a hard balance but an important one.  The responsibility of raising three of the most beautiful, spirited and talented children is no small task.  Add in my amazing husband, my career and training, what is left?... Very little.  It is doable! I want to do it!  I will do it!  It just takes support and understanding from all the other important people in my life. 

Here is why I love Scott's Bicycle Centre and am very proud to be representing them.  They have been instrumental to my growth as a mountain biker.  They understand the need for balance.  There is never a silly question or odd look after I have successfully broken the unbreakable.  Scottie and the gang repair ANYTHING in 24 hours.  There might be a random part that has to be ordered, but these guys are fast!  The quality of their work, their plentiful inventory of all levels of bikes and their commitment to their customers carries through from the first handshake from Doug, the owner, to waggling tail of Gretchen, the shop dog.  I think the world of the shop guys and girls. Swing by, check out the shop, the remodeled front plan is quite impressive or visit them on the web (http://www.scottsbikes.com/home)


I was having a hard time deciding who I was going to race for this year. With discussions of different commitments, races and training, I started to lose some focus. I do not need anything to interfere with my #1 focus, my family. After several weeks of thoughtful prayer and inward reflection, it became very clear that Scott’s Bikes was the group I wanted represent this year. I have committed to mostly local races. I will compete in The Snake Time Trials, Night Shift, Chainbuster’s 3/6 hours of Dry Creek, 3/6 hours of Jack Rabbit and The Black Bear Rampage. I may pick up a few others as time permits (again, trying not to over commit, but you know I will). It will be a great year. I will keep you all informed of my strides and you must promise me to keep me accountable.  


Here’s to finishing stronger then we started. I am going to continue to make my leaf colorful and meaningful. I look forward to this race season. Stay with me as I start this new journey. As always, let’s support each other and have fun.

Mountain Biking Mom
http://www.scottsbikes.com/noel-lawson

No comments:

Post a Comment